Exploding e-cigarette sets barmaid’s dress on fire

Element of it also hit at buyer at the Buck Inn Hotel, in Richmond, North Yorks, and left him with a red mark on his abdomen.

Miss Baty mentioned: “I was about to give someone their alter and I heard the bang. I could see the fire coming at me and I felt the heat as I ran away.

“I started crying hysterically and my arm was all black. My dress caught on fire as I ran away and I just did not know what was happening.

Ross Parry

“A client came and took me in to the bathroom to calm me down. She washed down my arm which was all black and I even now didn’t know what had happened.”

Miss Baty, who has worked at the pub for nearly two years, was badly shaken by the explosion on Saturday.

She added: “I thought the fuse-box had blown up or a firework had gone off.

“Everyone was just so shocked.”

The e-cigarette belonged to fellow barman Stewart Paterson, 21, who has been trying to quit smoking since December final year.

Video courtesy Ross Parry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>