The Canadian fashion stylist and founder of Lula magazine picks her wellbeing essentials
BY Ellen Burney | 08 March 2014
“I really like the sound of currently being underwater. It’s so peaceful,” says Leith Clark, a stylist, type director at big of Harper’s Bazaar, the founder of Lula magazine and the editor in chief of the quickly-to-launch Violet magazine. “I used to swim often but stopped about a 12 months in the past.”
Now she will take on the web ballet courses offered by a New York-based coach, Mary Helen Bowers of Ballet Gorgeous, who skilled Natalie Portman for Black Swan. “I wear Adidas by Stella McCartney grey shorts (adidas.co.uk) and a grey dance-type camisole leading, pink ballet sneakers with flower-print lining from Capezio – and my hair in a bun. Occasionally I put on Ballet Gorgeous thigh-higher legwarmers if my house is cold. I bear in mind sporting them when I studied ballet as a kid. I discover that workout aids me to de-anxiety and emphasis. I nearly feel as however it truly is much better for me mentally than physically.”
Twice a 12 months Clark takes a month-lengthy journey to Canada, where she was born and raised. “I would fairly like to sleep the entire time but it would be too tough to come back to function and hold my vitality up. I feel far better when I’m energetic, so I do yoga and swim with my mum. I did yoga a great deal as a teenager.” She also goes on prolonged hikes with her canine, Tilda.
But her new favourite location is much closer to London, her property of above a decade. “Last spring I commenced going to The Spa at Bluebird in Chelsea, and I really like it. I think it is critical to take that time for myself, by myself. Taking a day off helps make you a lot more productive.”
- I put on dresses the most. I like garments that make me smile or come to feel like I’m in a movie. My favourite labels incorporate Valentino, Miu Miu, Erdem and Honor.
- I hate cooking. I eat out and order in a whole lot. If I make anything at all it truly is raw, or I steam vegetables and fish. A naturopath eliminated wheat from my diet regime many years ago as I had back pains.
– I check out the hairstylist Luke Hersheson if my fringe will get in my eyes or I want a J Sheekey dinner date. He is great for the two.
– I have scorching water and lemon each morning, and I do juice cleanses periodically. I have had them delivered by Radiance Cleanse, but last week my husband (the set designer James Hatt) and I did the Juice Master cleanse and produced the juices ourselves.
– I use Eve Lom Cleanser in the morning and Arcona Cranberry Toner Triad Pads in the evening. I consider to do a mask each other week. The Borghese mud mask is my favourite correct now.
- When travelling I take spirulina and maca powder so I do not get sick. I use SK-II moisturising masks after lengthy flights and carry Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist for on the plane.
– I enjoy bath oils from the Auberge Du Soleil spa in Napa Valley. If I am not in a rush, right after a bath I use Ren Moroccan Rose physique oil ( renskincare.com ).